Jason Haviland - CFA, CEBS, PMP is the president, founder and principal advisor of J. Bradford Investment Management, an independent, fee-only, fiduciary based in New Hampshire that works throughout New England and nationwide exclusively and diligently for the best interests of his clients.
For over two decades, Jason has been helping people build personalized plans, take financial first steps, and take financial control of their lives. Making financial moves is nerve-racking for everyone and Jason understands and respects those concerns. He a is great listener and is committed to the fiduciary standard -- helping clients build personalized financial plans and investment strategies in their best interest that help them meet their goals.
You worked hard for your money. It's time for your money to work hard for you.
J. Bradford Investment Management is active in the private equity and angel investing space and can assist qualified individuals and Family Offices, source and perform due diligence on startup equity deals. J. Bradford Investment Management also specializes in helping individuals build portfolios that align to their personal, social or environmental values, sometimes referred to an impact investing or ESG investing or SRI investing.
Jason grew up in Grand Rapids, Michigan and now lives in Nashua, New Hampshire with his wife Megan and two children.
From 1989 - 1993 Jason attended the University of Michigan and graduated in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. In that same year, Jason started a small financial services business where he counseled individuals on their financial matters. He also fueled his passion for sports and worked in the Detroit area as a sports reporter for two years.
In 1995 Jason moved to New England and began his 21-year career with Fidelity Investments where he would start an immersive training program and begin work as a phone representative, helping individuals with their retirement plans and retirement investments. He would go on to accept roles of increasing responsibility across several different business units, learning and growing along the way.
While at Fidelity, Jason would earn an M.B.A from Boston College and also earn three highly distinguished professional accreditations: Chartered Financial Analyst, Certified Employee Benefits Specialist and Project Management Professional (CFA, CEBS and PMP). As of early 2017 based on a LinkedIn search, he appears to be the only one to hold all three.
Throughout his 21-year career at Fidelity, Jason worked at the intersection of technology and finance and worked on some of the most complicated financial aspects of Fidelity’s flagship products – Fidelity.com and NetBenefits.
He led and managed a $100M portfolio of projects related to the investment management process, investment education and investment software. His work experience, strong educational background and professional certifications complement one another and have given Jason broad financial perspectives and unique insights to investment management and financial planning.
Jason has traveled extensively both domestically and internationally, studying and evaluating many different industries, business models and investment opportunities.
In his spare time, Jason enjoys giving back to the community in many civic and philanthropic endeavors (mentioned on the right), particularly environmental causes and STEAM education.
He ran one marathon in Iceland and decided that he was probably better suited for 1/2 marathons. He also enjoys tennis and basketball and is a science fiction fan who of course has planted an easter egg on the site...
We do not have an investment minimum. That's night, no minimum and a broad range of services
You deserve security and independence in your retirement. That's why we deliver the right financial tools, so that you are prepared and protected no matter what the future may bring.
- 2nd opinion of your existing investment portfolio and strategy from a fiduciary
- Portfolio optimization and asset correlation analysis
- Financial Planning, estate planning; family legacy and wealth transfer strategies
- ESG - Environmentally friendly and socially responsible investing in companies with strong corporate governance
- Independently sourced venture capital / private equity / angel investing opportunities
- Business offer or acquisition evaluation
- ESOP, ESPP, RSU Restricted stock and option management and exercise strategy
- Part time CFO/COO or other executive management in your business interests
- J. Bradford Mosaic employee benefit offering for your employees
- Evaluation of buying or selling personal or investment real estate
- Board service (corporate or non-profit)
- Coach, manage, mentor children or siblings in business or charity operations
- Help with loss of a loved one; eldercare decision making
- Executor and trustee services
- Family philanthropy; grant and scholarship making; charitable giving
- Establishing and running a charity
- Analyze and audit recommendations from other third party professionals
- Business plan or business operations analysis
- Independent investment analysis, investment management or SMA
- Bond ladder construction
- Derivative or currency strategies to manage risk
- International securities
- Tax implications and analysis; tax sensitive strategies; tax preparation
- Workplace benefit election, workplace investing and executive compensation strategies
- Longevity planning
- College planning, saving and selection.
- Invoice / bill-pay services
- Payroll and staff management
- Valuation, appraisal and possible display or disposition of wine, art, collectibles or antiquities
We partner with several leading firms in the investment management, financial advisor and financial services business to provide our customers with world class products and services to help them achieve their financial goals. Clearing and Custody Services Provided by Pershing. Service and Administration provided by Motif and Shareholder Services Group. Financial Planning services provided by Advizr.
Individual photo courtesy of Laura Latimer and Latimer Studios http://latimerstudios.com/#our-story
Investment Management and Financial Advisor services provided by J. Bradford Investment Management. We are located in Nashua, New Hampshire and serve the surrounding Hillsboro County communities: Nashua, Merrimack, Manchester, Hollis, Brookline, Milford and Peterborough. We also serve Concord, the Lakes Region areas of Laconia and Gilford, and the seacoast areas of Portsmouth and Rye. We serve clients throughout New England in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts, including Tyngsborough, Lowell, Chelmsford, Westford and Littleton. We also have video conferencing capabilities which allow us to offer our services to technology savvy clients nation-wide.